Aluminium Industries (Ai) is an innovative Australian company, manufacturing and supplying products in multiple sectors. We offer an exciting career path for people looking to make their professional mark and currently have an opportunity within our brand GLYDE® Architectural Acoustic Systems for a Purchasing and Inventory Coordinator.
The GLYDE Purchasing and Inventory Coordinator supports the management of stock levels including purchasing; offers communication and administration support for the GLYDE brand of Ai; and serves as a key point of communication with customers in relation to stock, managing expectations, and deliverables. The role also acts as an overflow/backup relief to the PIVOTECH Purchasing Coordinator.
The individual in this role will satisfy customer and internal stakeholders’ requirements through outstanding customer service and complete follow-up with clear and concise information to ensure the best outcome for Ai’s customers and the overall Ai business.
Reporting to Ai’s Purchasing Manager, the GLYDE Purchasing and Inventory Coordinator will ensure accurate and timely processing of all Purchase Orders and all other purchasing related task/activities in an effective and timely manner.
Daily support of our shop floor team, and fellow Purchasing Coordinators is a critical element of this role and therefore is office based. Working from home is not an option for this role.
- Maintain GLYDE stock as per set min/max level and reduce backorders through structured problem solving and permanent countermeasures that prevent reoccurrence
- Manage relationships with all stakeholders including clients, suppliers, subcontractors and other internal divisions
- Process purchase orders
- Create jobs and issue stock
- Process all reorder reports within 12 hours
- Respond to email enquiries
- Follow up all projects within the required timelines
- Management of back order stock, where applicable
- Raise credit paperwork for approval by Manufacturing Manager
- PO price match to supplier invoice
- Create detailed work instructions for any new processes or procedures implemented
- Support the rest of the Purchasing Team with tasks, as required
- Become proficient in all aspects of purchasing for Ai
- Conduct project review and generate detailed reports, as required
Essential experience, skills, and traits:
The GLYDE Purchasing and Inventory Coordinator needs to be experienced in applying technical knowledge and problem-solving skills, and have the ability to work in a dynamic environment to make things happen for the support of our customers.
- A good understanding of importing
- Excellent attention to detail and able to deliver high level of accuracy
- A sense of urgency
- Good interpersonal communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- Strong data analytics and reporting
- Outstanding communication skills; verbal and written
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Strong capability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Intermediate capability on MS Office
- MRP process experience
- Professionally presented and punctual, always
- Strong work ethic with a friendly, positive, can-do attitude towards job, people, product and self-potential
- Pro-active learner; willing and motivated to learn all product, systems and market information
- An ability to work and contribute as part of a team; see beyond job role, department and division to what matters to the entire business
- Be confident, flexible, persistent, driven
- Rights to work in Australia
Desirable skills and traits:
- Previous system (Syspro, Pronto, SAP, or other) experience and/or exposure
- Familiarity with Bills of Materials and routings
- Understanding and knowledge of the aluminium manufacturing environments
- Previous experience in purchasing and inventory processes
- Adaptability to new technologies, new resources, and new people
- Our dynamic organisation offers many benefits, including a competitive salary, a helpful team, and opportunities for growth and development.
Conveniently located just off EastLink, Ai features a team of forward-thinking people who choose to align themselves with a company with a healthy future.
Be part of an organisation pioneering its industry and submit your resume and cover letter via email, firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those moving forward in the hiring process will be contacted.
No recruiters, please.