Aluminium Industries (Ai) is an innovative and thriving Australian company. As a result, we offer an exciting career path for people looking to make their mark. We currently have an opportunity for a Supervisor in our GLYDE Manufacturing division.
This is a hands-on role. Our supervisor needs to be experienced in applying practical skills and technical knowledge to deliver excellent results for our customers and the larger Ai team.
- Lead a manufacturing team in meeting Glyde fabrication KPIs across our key categories of Safety, People, Quality, Productivity, Deliveries, Cost, and Improvements
- Quality, efficiency, and accuracy of fabrication and warehouse tasks
- Serve a diverse range of clients
- Promote Positive and productive teamwork
- Team Member development and mentoring
- Facilitate labour and resource allocation for our GLYDE metal work division; get involved and lead by example
- General metal fabrication and warehouse functions
- Proactively ensure customers’ needs are satisfied
- Participate to ensure the warehouse and factories are kept clean and safe
- Ability to operate various machines, as directed
- Job documentation
- Time/cost reconciliation
- Other activities as directed
Key Performance Indicators:
- Team achievement of manufacturing and despatch KPIs
- Quality and efficiency of jobs completed
- Wellness of self and team through safe work practices
- Understanding of machines used to fulfil work duties
Essential experience, skills, and traits:
- Previous Supervision or Team Leader experience in a manufacturing
- Experience in lean manufacturing
- Punctual and dependable
- Energetic and positive
- Excellent time management
- Exceptional housekeeping standards
- Reliable transportation
- Basic MS Office skills
- Forklift Licence
- Fluent in English
Desirable experience, skills, and traits:
- Certificate III and/or Certificate IV in Competitive Systems & Practises
- Mechanical aptitude
- Manufacturing experience
- Experience with ISO 9001
- Intermediate IT Skills including experience with ERP systems such as Syspro, Pronto, SAP etc.
Our dynamic organisation offers a lot of benefits, including a competitive salary, a helpful team, and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a full gym onsite for employees and their partners. And, of course, great coffee.
Ai employs driven people wanting to align themselves with a company who offers an extremely healthy future. For the right person, Ai will become a passion where a desire to learn and grow will be rewarded.
Be part of an organisation pioneering its industry and submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Supervisor Metal Work, GLYDE Manufacturing” in the title.
You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.